Caution: Articles written for technical not grammatical accuracy, If poor grammar offends you proceed with caution ;-)
About the Free Custom Hostname Extension for vRealize Automation
Here at SovLabs we are always helping our audience make the decision to either “build” or “buy”, when it comes to VMware automation solutions. Recently, we have been involved in some discussions about the free Infoblox plugin for vRealize Automation. Specifically,these discussions are around how the free Infoblox plugin for vRealize Automation handles custom host naming. That discussion prompted us to consider all such customizations and the support required when when they are integrated with vRealize Automation.
Custom Automation Considerations
There are a few issues at play here, including:
- How do the different components of your solution work together?
- Was it designed wholistically or were pieces added on as you needed them?
- Did one source develop all of the components, or are they pulled piecemeal from multiple places?
- If one source did all of the development – are they still available?
- Who is supporting the development work going forward?
Read the entire article written by Josh Andrews here on the SovLabs Blog.