Caution: Articles written for technical not grammatical accuracy, If poor grammar offends you proceed with caution ;-)
GA Date: November 15, 2016
- vSphere 6.5 compatibility.
- System notification enhancements.
- Support for custom SSL certificates in the vCenter Server edition.
- Support for Spanish locale(ES).
- UI Features
- New overall User Interface based on the VMware Clarity standard.
- New speedometer-like Gauge Chart type for event count visualizations.
- New Admin Alert Management tool and UI to view and manage all user alerts.
- New filter called Does Not Exist to find events that do not contain some specified field.
- Support for Datastore Device ID-to-name aliasing in event queries and results.
- New “blur” on session timeout.
- Server Features
- Support for Syslog octet-framing over TCP.
- Defined REST APIs for installing Log Insight servers and clusters.
- Support for time ranges with Event Type alert queries.
- Agent and Importer Features
- SLES 11 SP3 and SLES 12 SP1 are supported for Linux agents.
- The dateext (daily extension) option of logrotate is now supported.
- SSL for the vRealize Log Insight agent is now enabled by default.
- Content Pack Features
- Users can now subscribe to content pack alerts that allow automated updates inline with the associated content pack.
- Changed Behavior
- New Agent installations have SSL enabled by default. Previously, Agent installs defaulted to SSL off. Upgrading does not affect current SSL settings.
- New event forwarder destinations now default to verifying SSL certificates. Previously, SSL certificates were not verified by default. Upgrading does not affect current settings.
- vRealize Log Insight for vCenter now allows you to change SSL settings.
- For content pack alerts instantiated in 4.0, content pack updates now automatically update alert definitions. If needed, you can preserve customizations by exporting them and then importing them back into the user profile after the update is applied.