Folks this truly is an amazing leap forward for the vRA platform. Just look at the list of new features below, which is not a complete list of all there is with this release. Keep checking back for informative step-by-step articles as well as updated versions of our workflow packages to be published by the end of this month.
vRealize Automation 7.0 is a cutting edge release which provides an industry lead cloud automation solution to our customers. With the streamlined installation wizard, simplified SSO configuration, integrated graphical infrastructure and application blueprint authoring and deployment capabilities, and many other new enhancements, customers will be able to maximize their return on investment by extremely shortened time to value for cloud service delivery.
Following are some of the new features:
Streamlined and Automated Wizard-based Installation
- Introduces management agent to automate the installation of Windows components and to collect logs
- Automates the deployment of all vRealize Automation components
- Installation wizards based on deployment needs: Minimal (Express) and Enterprise (Distributed) Installations
Simplified Deployment Architecture and High Availability Configuration
- Embedded authentication service by using VMware Identity Manager
- Converged Application Services in vRealize Automation Appliance
- Reduced minimal number of appliances for HA configuration
- Automated embedded PostgreSQL clustering with manual failover
- Automated embedded vRealize Orchestrator clustering