Caution: Articles written for technical not grammatical accuracy, If poor grammar offends you proceed with caution ;-)
Fabric groups are important in vCAC. The Fabric groups are what enable you to provide access to resources from your physical infrastructure. Within a fabric group you add users or groups that are responsible for managing infrastructure resources and add the resources they are responsible for. For example you may select clusters that are managed from vCenter and assign the user/groups that are responsible for managing those resources.
Creating a Fabric Group
- From the Infrastructure menu select Group form the left menu.
- On the Group menu select Fabric Groups from the left.
- Select New Fabric Group form the right of the page.
- Give your Fabric Group and Name, assign the users and/or groups who will be the Fabric Administrators, select the resources they will be responsible for, and then click OK.
- You will now see your new Fabric Group in the list. This concludes creating a Fabric Group.