Along with all the management product releases I posted yesterday VMware has also release Update 2.0 for vSphere. It looks like eater has come early and VMware has given us all some goodies in our basket. Between the management products and this I’m sure you will be busy for a while.
What new with vCenter
Two-factor authentication for vSphere Web Client: Protect the vSphere Web Client using the following form of authentication:
- RSA SecurID
- Smart card (That is the UPN based Common Access Card)
Support to change vSphere ESX Agent Manager logging level: This release supports dynamic increase or decrease of vSphere ESX Agent Manager (EAM) logging levels without restarting EAM.
vSphere Web Cient support: vSphere Web Client now supports Microsoft Windows 10 OS.
vCenter Server database support: vCenter Server now supports the following external databases:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1
Resolved Issues: This release of vCenter Server 6.0 Update 2 addresses issues that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section.
What’s new with vSphere
High Ethernet Link Speed: ESXi 6.0 Update 2 supports 25 G and 50 G ethernet link speeds.
VMware Host Client: The VMware Host Client is an HTML5 client that is used to connect to and manage single ESXi hosts. It can be used to perform administrative tasks to manage host resources, such as virtual machines, networking, and storage. The VMware Host Client can also be helpful to troubleshoot individual virtual machines or hosts when vCenter Server and the vSphere Web Client are unavailable.
vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering (VAIO) Enhancement:
- ESXi 6.0 Update 2 supports the IO Filter VASA Provider in a pure IPv6 environment. For additional information, see the Resolved Issues section.
- ESXi 6.0 Update 2 supports the VMIOF versions 1.0 and 1.1. For additional information, see the Resolved Issues section.
ESXi 6.0 Update 2 addresses issues that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section.