Caution: Articles written for technical not grammatical accuracy, If poor grammar offends you proceed with caution ;-)
vRealize™ Code Stream™ is a new release automation product that allows teams to deliver software rapidly, reliably and of higher quality, all the while lowering manual overhead and operational risks. It is particularly relevant for organizations that have a Continuous Delivery or DevOps initiative.
Code Stream allows developers and operations teams to release software more frequently and efficiently, all the while leveraging their investments in existing development and operations tools. For customers who already use vRealize Automation, vRealize Code Stream is a complementary offering that extends automation to the entire release process itself. Beyond provisioning, it integrates with Continuous Integration, repository and testing solutions to push new software automatically from Development and Test to Staging and Production environments, saving the time and errors typically associated with manual procedures and hand-offs.
Code Stream 1.0 is available as a virtual appliance and offers major new capabilities, some of which are highlighted below:
· Pipeline Automation: automating any release process for any kind of software thanks to Code Stream’s flexible pipeline modeling engine.
· vRealize Automation integration: out of the box integration with vRA 6.2 and 6.1 to automate vSphere machine provisioning as a part of the release process.
· Governance: gating rules that, based on test results or manual approvals, control whether an application build should be promoted to the next stage.
· Artifact management: tracking and managing software artifacts thanks to an embedded version of JFrog Artifactory Pro, the market leader in repository management.
· Release Dashboard: provides full visibility into the release process by reporting on relationships between pipelines, artifacts, and machines on which they have been deployed.
· Extensibility: pre-built integrations with Jenkins, Yum, Nexus, testing frameworks, BASH or PowerShell scripts, and an extensible plug-in model powered by Artifactory and vRealize Orchestrator.
Download Landing Page: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info/slug/infrastructure_operations_management/vmware_vrealize_code_stream/1_0
Documentation Landing Page: https://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/vrcs-pubs.html
Release notes: https://www.vmware.com/support/codestream/doc/vrealize-code-stream-10-release-notes.html
vRealize Code Stream Product web page: https://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-code-stream